Monday 2 January 2017

The Finished Afghan


The Finished Afghan

I am so pleased with this.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I had made all the squares for this blanket but hadn't got around to stitching them all together.  Having posted that my ambition is to complete so many of my half finished projects, that really motivated me to get on with it.  And guess what - it took no time at all!  This lovely blanket has been made with gorgeous 100% cotton yarn by Drops - one of my favourites.



Now my plan is to move on to the next half finished project - another blanket made with Drops Karisma 100% wool in gorgeous autumn colours (yes it's that long since I started it). This shouldn't take too long and I will be posting pictures of the finished article hopefully in the next week or so.  

My plan for 2017 is to get more organised with my crafting and perhaps take a stall at one of the craft markets locally.  There is nothing like a deadline to get one motivated.  I am crafting for fun, not as a business, but there comes a point when your own home can only take so many handmade blankets and you can only wear so many pairs of gloves etc.  Plus I love the idea of others enjoying my efforts.  Quite a few of my Christmas presents this year were hand made and the recipients were always delighted with the gift.

I will be posting again soon with another finished project and perhaps a more coherent plan for 2017 xx

1 comment: